Swollen feet is common to pregnant women due to the accumulation of extra fluid / water in the feet and ankles. It also can occur on face and hands. Small amount of swelling is normal and it builds up during the day. Swelling usually gets worse in hot weather and take note, be aware of severe swelling which can be a sign of a problem. Make sure to notify your doctor for severe swelling and usually doctor checks on this during visits.
What To Do:
What To Do:
- Sit with legs up.
- Do not stand for a long time and if must stand, wear a support panty hose.
- Do not wear socks like knee-highs with tight elastic band, this results to slow blood flow in legs which can cause swelling and other problems.
- Do not cross legs because this stops the blood flow in legs which can cause more swelling and other problems.
- Lie on your left side 2 times during the day if possible like when watching TV or reading, this is good for the blood flow in legs.
- Avoid salty foods, check out labels of sodium content in foods. 400mg of sodium should be the boundary, try to steer clear of higher sodium content foods.
- Do ankle exercises everyday, this helps regulate blood flow in legs and feet. Just sit on a chair, lift foot up off floor, circle toes clockwise with 10 count then do on the other foot.
I think watching TV can be a fun and relaxing way to deal with your swollen feet aside from avoiding all other factors contributing to this matter. As I checked on more TV options, I came across BlogTelevision.net which has all these Direct TV Offers and Direct TV Specials.
- DIRECTV Specials
- DIRECTTV Specials
Subscribe to Journey To Motherhood by Email