Prep time: 30 to 45 minutes (includes cooking time)
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 c. broccoli, chopped (about 2 crowns)
- 2 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. skim milk
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, combine onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli, cover the pot, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Allow the soup to cool and transfer the soup to a blender. Add skim milk and blend until smooth.
- Transfer soup back to the pot and reheat the mixture slowly until heated through.