RSS

Post Break: Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Ever since I was a little kid, about 7 years old, my grandparents would take me to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park. I remember my first game, we took a tour of the stadium early in the day and since that first time walking into the ballpark, I knew I would be coming back often. As I got older, I went every year; through high school, college and now that I'm married, my wife and I take our kids as well.

A day at the Fenway Park is like nothing else. The Fenway franks that make your mouth water as you walk by the vendors, the peanuts passing hands among friends and the sea of Red Sox memorabilia really stand out to me. When game time comes, there isn't an empty seat to be seen as the starting pitcher throws that first pitch. Home games are best when it comes down to the bottom of the ninth, and the home team steps up to the plate, driving in that game winning run.

As stressful as those close games can be, they really do make for some classic memories. My last resort, as it is impossible to make it to all 81 home games, is to watch the home team via satellite television from www.Direc4U.com. Baseball is by far my favorite sport to watch live, and nothing compares to being with friends and family at good old Fenway Park.

Contribution by Jacques Carr

Subscribe to Journey To Motherhood by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top of Page Bottom of Page