RSS

Another Blood Test and Skin Test Reading

Last post was about the skin test or tuberculin test and I was asked to come back after 2 days. I was given the forms I need for the laboratory which made me wonder why I had to go there. I thought they will be the one to check the result on my arm but to my surprise I was told that they will get blood sample for another testing. One of their standard tests is the HIV blood testing. They really require that here so you have no other option.



Oh my another blood test! It's painful you know. I don't really complain with blood tests but those lab people have quite heavy hands so it's really "ouch" after the blood draw. I don't mind the blood test because I know it's needed so please spare me with my ranting. =P This time around I wasn't aware that I'll have to do blood draw and was surprised about it. Of course it adds up with the pain, being caught unprepared mentally.



After all my confusion, I went upstairs to the OB-GYN area to check about the skin test reading then I was told that my doctor is the one to check it. See what I mean? All mixed up! Well I can't blame my doctor for that since it was a different person who had to attend to me last time because she's not around. Finally I get to meet Ms. Linda Rios, the NP assigned to me. She was the one who checked my skin test and I was so relieved I'm ok. No rashes visible, that means you are not infected. The photos I attached here which I gathered from the internet show positive results.



Subscribe to Journey To Motherhood by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

15 comments:

Tekkaus said...

Glad you are doing great Ayie! :)

Yeah! Sometimes it can be really painful right? Especially if they do it delicately.

lina said...

Ouch! Glad to hear your skin test went OK.

Mummy Gwen said...

I hate the feeling of the needle pricking into my skin. Poor you had to endure the pain again. I'm glad your test results came out OK. Enjoy your pregnancy ganda. Hopefully no more drawing blood.

levian said...

glad to know the testing was fine! :) it still gives me the chill imagining constantly seeing those needles.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

One of the things that I hated most are all of these tests requirement. I know it's better to find out, but I felt very invaded also..

I'm happy to know you're OK..

Ayie said...

Tekkaus,

I'm also very happy I didn't get contamination or any exposure or else I will be intoxicated byt tons of meds. I was afraid of that because I fear it might harm baby.

Ayie said...

Lina,

Such a big relief when the doctor told me that! Worth the pain =)

Ayie said...

Mummy Sexy,

I am not too sure about no more blood draws coz I heard the nearer it gets the more they get blood for testing...ohhhh boy!

Ayie said...

Levian,

andI still need to prick myself 4x a day =P

Ayie said...

Icy,

Oh I feel that way too. Just like the HIV test, I am sure I need not to have that but they require it.

Ayie said...

Thanks everybod for your unending support!

Mariuca said...

My first time here!!!

Mariuca said...

Thanks to CL for bringing me here, congrats Ayie! :)

Mariuca said...

I hope everything is okay now sweetie. Hugs. :)

Ayie said...

Hi Marzie!! Nice to see you here too! I'm ok and baby too. I can feel him/her moving a lot now. Thanks =) Just so much things with the doctors. Hopefully everything will turn out ok in the long run.

Post a Comment

 
Top of Page Bottom of Page