RSS

test failed...now under special care

Oh I'm so damned! After that call telling me I failed that 1hr glucose test now it has to be the 3hr test. I haven't recovered form that down feeling and now another storm on me. This time not only me will suffer but also my poor baby inside because I had to do fasting and it should be no food from 10pm til the whole blood drawing procedures in which finished by lunchtime! Imagine not feeding my baby for more than 14hrs...



I had to go alone to the clinic, hubs needed to be at work and I didn't want him to lose his time too. I did my usual things first before going to the clinic, took hubs to work then came back home and brought sis-in-law to school then off to the clinic. I was first attended by Clara, a nice lady who took my first blood sugar reading prior to fasting and it was good! I was feeling a bit positive but after knowing the procedures later on i got pretty much tensed. She explained what will be done within the 3hrs span. I was determined to do it since it's needed and there's really nothing I can do, i was just thinking all for the baby.



From the Ob-Gyn area, I went to the Lab where the procedures will be done. It was a little past 9am and I was attended right away when they knew about my lab procedures. First thing was to get a vial of my blood sample (right arm) before taking the drink and then I was given that glucose drink in which I very much hated! If the first one for the 1hr test was sweet, this one's 2x the concentration! Are they kidding me? Who's blood sugar won't raise roof high with that?! So I just obliged and after an hour another full vial of blood sample from my left arm which was the 2nd blood draw. Another hour on the right again and finally last hour @ 12:47 on the left. I can say my arms were all beat up after the torture but i had to stay tough. I still need to drive back home and I didn't want hubs to be worried. I kept calling him for my update after every hour, it's important that he knew what's happening. I'm glad that my body sustained it and I didn't faint, throw up or felt so ill all of a sudden.



So what did I do for 3hrs waiting there? Played a game and listened to radio with my iphone. Thank goodness that really kept me company! That torture's not over yet because the waiting part was far more excruciating. Before I left the clinic I went back to see Clara and check if there's still something I needed to do after the lab. She was feeling sorry for all the stuffs I had to endure that day and knowing I haven't eaten anything for the past 14hrs she asked if I want some crackers before heading out. Her gesture made me smile and somehow made me feel better after all the pain i had to endure for the day.



After few days I received a call and I knew it was bad. They wouldn't call if the results were ok but in my case I was told that my blood sugar was medium high based on the tests. I was assuming it that way after tasting that drink. I can tell that my body isn't too fond of something too sweet because I don't really take much of it. Then I was told I'll be on special care. A dietitian-nutritionist will facilitate me from that time on. I was briefed with my food intake and schedules. Good thing I have the same pattern as to what was assessed for my routine and even with the food intake. I just didn't like the breakfast and dinner part in which ican't really eat for breakfast my usual heavy meal and instead I'll have it for dinner. That's completely the opposite of my sched but I just followed as told.
Subscribe to Journey To Motherhood by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

12 comments:

Kim said...

ohhh do take care Ayie...
I hate blood tests....
I hope you are feeling all right after such intensive tests ...

Tekkaus said...

Wow! Sorry to hear that Ayie! but well...it is better to have the test right? No one says motherhood is going to be easy right? Take care ya. :)

lina said...

Hang in there, Ayie! It's all worthwhile. :)

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

I went through this type of testing before, and was put on special diet for the whole pregnant time..It's not too bad if you have a considerate husband..

Hang in there, and do what's best for your baby, Ayie!

Mummy Gwen said...

I'm so sorry to know about the result. Do watch your diet and I know you will be back to normal soon. Rest well ok. Don't worry..it's not that bad.

Ayie said...

Kim,

Oh dear it's nice to see you here too. It was painful but I had to endure it, still needed to drive home. So far everything's ok, just watching my diet. Thanks!

Ayie said...

Tekkaus,

Hahaha i guess not easy most especially here in US! We're just thankful that they are just really trying to take care of our little one in me.

Ayie said...

Lina,

I'm hanging Lina! lol

I know all the sacrifices will be worth in few months time both for my health and our baby's.

Ayie said...

Icy BC,

Thanks for being here too. Really, you were put on special diet too? That relieves me a bit more now. I'm not alone after all =) Hubs is very supportive and I'm very thankful with that. I just always think...all for the baby =)

Ayie said...

Mummy Sexy,

That's the best to do and I will try my best to keep up with all that's needed. Thanks for the support.

Sande said...

I have had second tests with those with a few of my pregnancies ... no bad outcomes with any of them; even with my gestational diabetes pregnancy.

Ayie said...

Sande,

That's so good to hear! Thanks for the visit =)

Post a Comment

 
Top of Page Bottom of Page